Chef Ingredients that can be flipped in bulk
- Onion is pretty much the bread and butter item for flipping in bulk, with tens of thousands bought and sold every single day. The profit may not seem like much (1 copper each) but it quickly adds up and it is in fact a 13% return – which is a brilliant rate for something selling in the thousands.
- Carrot, Potato, blueberry and Beet are my “fall back” items for when Onions get too competitive and buy orders begin to takes days to be fulfilled. Ensure that you check the latest prices on the trading post and also look at the graphs for the previous week as they can randomly fluctuate in price. (I personally use gw2tp)
- Head of Garlic, Orange, Egg, Raspberry & Strawberry are all items you should buy whenever they are selling at a lower price than average. (Use the monthly graphs on gw2spidy) They almost always rise in price again and are therefore extremely profitable as a medium to long term investment.
- Parsnip, Turnip and Rutabaga are often profitable for between 10 to 20 percent however they can be pretty low on supply so expect to receive around 1000 – 2000 at max per night.
- Blueberry.. I once had a monopoly in these, buying them at 4 copper each and selling them at 6. After hundreds of thousands bought and sold consecutively the price began to rise. Today, they trade at a higher price but you can still easily earn a profit from them.
- Grapes are a brilliant item to invest in when they are under 55 – 60 copper each, just have a look at the monthly fluctuations on the gw2spidy graph and you will see why.
- The price of Blackberries is constantly fluctuating between 60 and 90 copper each, which is great if you are investing in them over a long period of time (around 2 – 6 weeks).
- Asparagus, Pumpkin, Butternut Squash and artichoke can all be flipped with relative ease, however they are not ingredients that I flip on a regular basis.
- I very rarely get the opportunity to flip Chocolate, Butter or Sesame Seeds as they are almost always kept high with demand. However, it does pay to keep a close eye on them for when they do drop to profitable levels.
- Don’t even ask me about Slab of Poultry, one month they were 6 copper each and now they are 35 copper each. Someone must like their chicken. (probably fried)
Other noteworthy items for flipping in bulk
- Mint Leaf, Spinach, Tarragon, Thyme, Bay Leaf, Oregano, Zucchini, Parsley, Cabbage, Cayenne Pepper, Peppercorn, Clove, Cauliflower & Ghost Pepper.
The Failures (or your potential niche?)
- Lemongrass, Omnomberry, Vanilla Bean, Orrian Truffle, Dill Sprig, Passion Fruit, Sage Leaf, Seaweed. Walnut, Cinnamon, Mushrrom, Green Onion, Clam, Saffron, Clove & Yam
Feel free to add all of these items to your watch lists (I use gold wars 2) and probably undercut all of my buy orders on the Trading Post as well.